My Story on "How Microsoft has impacted my life and how I plan to bring a change to the society being a Microsoft Student Associate"


Microsoft, a name that is allied to every human’s day-today life – a company that has brought GUI into existence. Right from the very elementary need let’s say internet (IE) to the very proficient requisite say Visual Basic and MS Visio, we all are attached to Microsoft more or less. My journey started with Microsoft when I was in 3rd standard – the time when dad got new PC to cope his business work from habitat. Being daddy’s girl I used to be around my father all the time when he’s at home. One day my obstinacy to work on PC like my father gave me a new friend named Windows Media Player. I got a platform to dance on my favourite music whenever I want. I was always fascinated by the visualization effect and my favourite one was "wave". The next tool that I learned was MS paint where I used to interlace my dream world on its canvas. It gave plinth to my boundless imaginations and thoughts hovering at the haste of light.


Growing up with time I came across many more services and products of Microsoft. MS Word helped me and is still helping me in making bumf with very less efforts and yet perfectly documented. PowerPoint has been a very kind friend of mine in preparing seminar presentations, devouring a variety of designs and themes in it. MS Excel spreadsheets helps to organize my data record in a combination of numbered rows and lettered columns and present them using graphs and charts. MS Access is always there to create tables, queries, forms and reports, and connect them together with macros. Designing poster becomes pleasant using MS Publisher.

Next step for me was now to connect with world over net and again Microsoft helped me by providing Internet Explorer – the popular browser of its time – almost for 10 long years until Chrome and Mozilla came in market. Till date to connect with free Wi-Fi zones created by government in many cities of India, one is supposed to login using Internet Explorer only. Another most vital gift of Microsoft for me was Skype. I can address it “A friend in need is a friend in deed” as it relieves me from the feeling of being miles away from my best friend who has shifted to Bahrain for job. All I need is internet connection and webcam in my laptop and here I am – face to face with my bosom buddy. Distance is never concerned. OneDrive (previously known as SkyDrive) helps me to store my college work online so now there is no chance to lose my work and no need to carry pen drives daily to college; simply save and share the work on OneDrive.


Being a software engineer, Visual Studio acts as my companion to build Software products, websites and Utilities. To design the workflow of product and to create diagrams of each process of system, Visio is incredible. Windows Movie Maker solved my muddle about creating documentary for college function. No other Operating System can be as familiar and user friendly as Windows. I got my new laptop and here it is – Windows 8! – It’s the same OS with whom I have voyaged the drive from childhood to teenage but with new design and more features to facilitate my work.

Microsoft has created a new Era for Generation of Computers via changing or upgrading the technology. Along with software’s and services, hardware market is also reflecting the success of Microsoft through Windows phone and surface tablets.


Being a Microsoft Students Associate, I will demeanour as many seminars and workshops as possible in my campus to upgrade my friends and other college mates about upcoming technologies, to motivate them for their active participation in sharing and exploring their innovative ideas and to help them in developing their skills for the same. Also I will act as a catalyst in driving campus as technology enthusiasts and social media/marketing evangelists. Another way to differentiate proficient and ingenious from bumbling college crowd is by conducting competitions in Techno Carnivals where only dexterous can stand high.

Comments

  1. A very well description given for Microsoft...
    Microsoft must use this story to create an ad for its marketing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chintan Patel sir for you appreciation.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Chintan Patel sir for you appreciation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Engineer, Its our Day ....

In Search Of A True Friend In The Midst Of Friends